Religious Discrimination Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
It is illegal to discriminate against someone based on his or her religious beliefs. Under Title VII, the law prohibits your employer from taking adverse action against you based on your religious beliefs, whether it involves denying you a job because of your religion or disciplining or discharging you because of your faith. Generally, an employer is required to reasonably accommodate the employees’ sincerely held religious beliefs or practices, provided that the employer does not suffer an undue hardship on the employer’s legitimate business interests.
Los Angeles Religious Discrimination at Work
Religious discrimination can take many forms. An experienced attorney can help you in your claims against an employer. Some ways in which employers discriminate against their employees because of religion include:
- Treating a job applicant or employee unfavorably because of his or her religious beliefs
- Inquiring about religious preferences during a job interview
- Firing or laying off an employee based on his or her religion
- Denying pay, promotion, or other advancements due to an employee’s religion
- Not allowing an employee to observe religious customs
- Not allowing an employee to wear religious items
If you feel that you have been subjected to religious discrimination or harassment at work, the Leichter Law Firm, APC will help you explore your legal options. In the event that a trial is necessary to protect your rights, we are always prepared to fight for you.
- Age Discrimination
- Breach of Employment Contracts
- Disability, FMLA, CFRA
- Independent Contractor Claims
- Overtime Misclassification
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Residential Apartment Manager
- Review of Severance Agreement
- Sexual Harassment
Religious Accommodations in Los Angeles, CA
If you follow a recognized religious faith, and your faith requires you to engage in certain practices or wear certain types of clothing while in the workplace, your employer must make reasonable efforts to accommodate you. Many religions have religious observances on Saturdays and Sundays or require leaving work early for services on special holidays. Refusing to allow the employee to attend these services could be illegal if the employee requests reasonable accommodation for the services in which the employer could comply.
Contact Our Religion Discrimination Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA For a Free Consultation
From religious discrimination to harassment, the Leichter Law Firm will help you understand the laws protecting your rights in the workplace and will stand behind you at every step in moving forward with your legal claim. Contact an employment lawyer about religious discrimination by calling 818-