Skilled Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Los Angeles
Wrongful termination, also known as wrongful discharge, occurs when an employer fires or discharges an employee in a way that violates the employee’s legal rights. California is an at-will work state, and this restricts the employees’ ability to bring wrongful termination suits against their employers, even when an employment contract is involved. In California, wrongful termination laws are among the strongest in the United States. In order to successfully pursue a claim of wrongful termination, evidence of more than just unfair treatment is required.
If you’ve been a victim of wrongful termination, don’t navigate the legal complexities alone. Our skilled Los Angeles wrongful termination attorneys are here to guide you through the process. Success in a wrongful termination claim demands more than evidence of unfair treatment – it requires a strategic approach.
The Law Provides You Rights and Protections in Los Angeles, California
Many employees do not realize when they are a member of a protected class or have a contract claim. Under California law, it is illegal to terminate an employee based on their race, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or another protected status. Employers are also prohibited from retaliating against employees who report discrimination or harassment in the workplace or who participate in a legal investigation or proceeding related to such allegations.
You cannot be terminated, demoted, passed over for promotion, or otherwise have adverse action taken against you by an employer because of the following:
Our Los Angeles Wrongful Termination Attorney Serve the Following Practice Area
- FEHA/Title-VII – The Fair Employment and Housing Act makes it illegal to discriminate against employees based on protected categories such as race and gender. Title VII also prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin.
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Public Policy – An employee cannot be fired for reasons that violate public policy fundamentals, such as being terminated based on an illegal motivation like discrimination.
- Severance Agreements
- Discrimination for age, race, sex/gender, and national origin
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims
- An employee’s refusal to commit an illegal act
- Illegal termination regarding disability
- Asking for reasonable accommodations related to your disability
- Breach of good faith
- Wage and Hour – Employers cannot require employees to work off the clock, deny breaks or mealtimes, fail to compensate employees for travel time to worksites, and more.
Personal Attention, Determination, and Results in Los Angeles, California
At The Leichter Law Firm, APC located in Los Angeles, California, it is vital that our clients know their employment law matter is getting the attention it truly deserves. For this reason, we are very selective during the case intake process and only take those cases for which we believe our firm is the very best fit. Get legal advice from an experienced Los Angeles wrongful termination attorney. Call our office to set up a free, confidential consultation. There is no obligation and we can inform you of your rights.
Negotiation Skills and Legal Knowledge in Los Angeles, California
If you need assistance with your departure from your employer in the form of a severance agreement, the Leichter Law Firm, APC can review the proposal, negotiate on your behalf, or even draft severance documents to help you move on after leaving your position. Our Los Angeles wrongful termination lawyers can help with the following aspects of your case as well:
- Assessing the case: We will first review the facts of the case to determine if there is a strong case for wrongful termination. From there, we will analyze the evidence, including any documents or witnesses, to determine the strength of the case.
- Identifying potential claims: The next step is identifying any potential claims, such as discrimination, retaliation, or breach of contract, that the client may have against their former employer.
- Evaluating damages: Our California employment lawyers will then assess the damages suffered by the client as a result of the wrongful termination, including lost wages, benefits, and emotional distress.
- Negotiating with the employer: Our dedicated Los Angeles wrongful termination lawyer will negotiate with the employer, if necessary, or their representative on behalf of the client.
- Representing the client in court: If negotiations fail, which is rare in these cases, the Leichter Law Firm will represent the client in court and present evidence of the wrongful termination to a judge or jury.
Overall, our wrongful termination attorneys in Los Angeles, California can help negotiate for a client in a wrongful termination case by providing legal expertise, developing a strong negotiation strategy, and advocating for the client’s rights and interests.
Protect Your Legal Rights if You Have Lost Your Job Contact us at Leichter Law Firm, APC
We work hard for our clients who have been unjustly displaced by wrongful termination. Contact our employment law office in California today at 818-915-6624. If you feel your employer terminated you illegally, do not face this alone. Get answers. We can review your case, the federal and state employment laws, and, if applicable, your employment contract. We will provide experienced, aggressive, and committed legal representation both in and out of court.